Each February 4th, Savor Health unites proudly with the rest of the world in the fight against Cancer, for World Cancer Day. Each and every day, we make it our duty to help to positively drive effective progress in Cancer through the work that we do for our patients and those for whom we work.
We Can. I Can.
We Can. I Can. This is the tagline for 2018. As we help those with cancer navigate their journey along the cancer care continuum, we also aim to provide a brief overview of the World Cancer Day initiative, so that YOU can do your part, through their website and beyond. Because YOU CAN. Are you ready to join us to make a change? We encourage you to visit the World Cancer Day website, and follow along. We Can. I Can
World Cancer Day takes place annually on February 4th, providing a spotlight for encouraging a unified concern for reducing the impact of cancer, by taking action. 8 million people will die of cancer this year, and 13.2 million, by 2030. The Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) leads the initiative, and it is the largest and oldest international cancer organization, working across 162 countries to reduce those statistics.
Every Action Counts
Do your part, and join us. Large or small, anything and everything counts. Here are some ways to help, as seen on the World Cancer Day website:
- Map of Impact – Add your events or actions that you or your organization is doing to fight cancer. Inspire and encourage!
- Social Media for Change – Download your sign today, and post it on all social media outlets. Follow and share the World Cancer Day social media campaigns, and use the hashtag #WorldCancerDay and #WeCanICan. Make it trendy! Sign up for the Thunderclap campaign to spread the word faster.
- Be Famous – Use your local media, align your events with World Cancer Day to generate more impact, and include your corporate body with the corporate toolkit.
- Share your Story. The world is interested – Do you have your own cancer story? Or do you represent a cancer society, or company? Please go to the site and share it!
Nutrition, exercise and wellness are ways in which we help to fight cancer. Encouraging healthy eating and exercise and wellness practices is our passion. Through our work, we hope that we are not only helping to prevent cancer, but also improving the lives of cancer patients and their caregivers and family members through their journeys. Research is saying:
- Eat more plant food
- Eat less meat products
- Cut back a bit on alcohol
- Avoid inactivity
- Get screened
Together: We Can. I Can.
Happy World Cancer Day!