Blueberries and green tea are two foods that should rank high on your cancer-fighting menu. This recipe provides a refreshing way to enjoy the healthy benefits of both!
- 2 tsp green tea leaves (or 1 bag)
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp liquid honey or agave nectar
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup probiotic plain yogurt
- In a measuring cup or tea pot, combine green tea and boiling water; let steep for 8 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve (or discard tea bags), without squeezing leaves, into a bowl or container. Stir in honey until dissolved. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until chilled, or for up to 1 day.
- In blender, combine chilled tea, blueberries and yogurt and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- If you are nauseated or put off by food, try drinking from a cup with a lid and a straw.
By Jean LaMantia, Cancer Survivor, Registered Dietitian and Author of The Essential Cancer Treatment Nutrition Guide and Cookbook. The Blueberry Green Tea Smoothie is just one of the 150 delicious recipes contained in this wonderful cookbook. Congratulations to fellow dietitian and author Jean LaMantia as today is the Best Seller Launch for this popular book! You can find out more at www.CancerTreatmentNutrition.com
Recipe excerpted from The Essential Cancer Treatment Nutrition Guide & Cookbook by Jean LaMantia © 2012 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca May not be reprinted without publisher permission.