• All Blogs
  • Fitness
  • Integrative Health
  • Myths & Misconceptions
  • Nutrition & Health
  • Science Nook
  • Survivorship & Prevention
  • Symptom Management

Summer Recipe – Moist and Tender Whole Sea Bass on the Grill

Sea bass, like most seafood, is a great source of lean protein.  In fact, 80% of the calories of sea bass are in the form of protein, while the other 20% are in the form of healthy fats.  Healthy fats, also known as unsaturated fats, can help improve your cholesterol, decrease your risk of heart disease, and reduce inflammation.  This recipe also contains heart-healthy olive oil (also a a wonderful source of unsaturated fat), lemon, and healthy herbs.
    • 1 3-lb whole sea bass, butterflied
    • 4-6 teapsoons olive oil
    • ½ red onion, thinly sliced
    • 5 sprigs rosemary
    • 10 sprigs thyme
    • 10 sprigs oregano
    • 6 lemon wedges
    • Salt
    • Pepper
    • Aluminum Foil


  1. Wash and Pat dry fish
  2. Open fish and spread 2-3T olive oil on fish and season with salt and pepper
  3. Place onions, garlic, rosemary, thyme, oregano inside fish – spread out evenly throughout and close fish
  4. Take 2-3 T of olive oil and spread onto skin of fish, top and bottom, season with salt and pepper
  5. Wrap fish in aluminum foil with opening at the top to facilitate opening to check when done
  6. When grill is heated to medium heat, place fish wrapped in aluminum foil on grill, closing top of grill. After 10 minutes open aluminum foil and check fish with fork. When fish is a solid white throughout remove from grill. Depending on heat of grill, and thickness of fish, cooking time varies from 10 to 15 minutes.
  7. Remove fish from grill and open aluminum foil. With large flat spatula remove fish from aluminum foil and place on platter.
  8. Place lemon wedges and extra herbs around the fish for garnish.
No Comments Yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.