ASCO’s annual meeting took place from May 31st – June 4th in Chicago. The meeting drew about 30,000 cancer specialists from around the world. Here are the highlights.
- The Affordable Care Act finally provides a national minimum coverage standard for clinical trials
- ASCO launches payment reform series in response to sequestration cuts
- Dr. Kenneth Offit receives ASCO-ACS award for Genomic Discoveries, larger social implications regarding cancer risk
- Investigational immunotherapies offer bright prospects in advanced melanoma
- Despite lukewarm clinical benefit of P13K inhibitors, optimism remains regarding biomarkers and combination therapy
- Vinegar screening could slash cervical cancer mortality by one third in low-resource countries
For more information on these topics and more check out the ASCO daily newsletters at http://chicago2013.asco.org/daily-news in the bottom lefthand corner.