Savor Health would like to recognize Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month and salute all those who are battling or have battled colon cancer. We wanted to share some interesting facts and figures about colorectal cancer in order to increase awareness and prevention.
Did you know?
- Colon cancer is the #2 leading cause of deaths in the US (men and women combined).
- There are more than 142,000 new cases of colon cancer each year and 52,000 deaths in the US.
- Everyone 50 years old or older should be screened. 1 in 3 adults age 50-75 are not up-to-date with the recommended colon cancer screening.
- Colon cancer is one of the most preventable cancers. Over 60% of deaths from colorectal cancer could be avoided with proper screening.
- There are over 1 million survivors of colorectal cancer in the US.
For more information visit FightColorectalCancer.org
[i] Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
[ii] National Cancer Institute
[iii] American Cancer Society
[iv] U.S. Preventative Services Taskforce