The Information We Collect and Receive
In the course of operating the App and the Site, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
- Personal Information
When you first elect to use the App, either via SMS text message or the Site, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself. Such information will include your phone number, name, gender, and date of birth, and may include other information such as your email address.
All information we collect and/or receive under this Section is collectively called “Personal Information.” We do not collect any Personal Information from you unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily.
- Protected Health Information (PHI)
To use the App effectively, you must provide us with certain health information that relates to your past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition, including but not limited to, your current diagnosis; symptoms; underlying medical conditions, if any; time of diagnosis; treatments you are currently undergoing, if any; treatments you have tried in the past, if any; information about your nutrition and exercise habits; and other information about your health conditions. As you continue to use the App, INA will ask you additional questions about your progress, such as whether INA’s suggested recipes were helpful to you, or whether your symptoms have changed or improved. All of this information is collectively referred to herein as “Health Information”.
We recognize that Health Information is Protected Health Information (PHI) under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, Public Law 104-191 (“HIPAA”). Savor Health ensures the integrity and confidentiality of all PHI that you provide via the App in accordance with HIPAA and the Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information promulgated thereunder by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services at 45 CFR § 160 and § 164, and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009, in each case as amended from time to time.
- Usage Data
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, Health Information, and Usage Data (collectively, “Information”) to provide you the App and our services, solicit your Feedback, and to improve our services to you. Also, we may share Information as described below, to the extent not prohibited by applicable laws including, without limitation, HIPAA
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, our App, and certain health trends, we might analyze the Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve and expand the App and our business, and, in some cases, the medical community at large. We may use the aggregate information, or permit our third-party providers to use such aggregate information, to better understand the role and importance of nutrition in the treatment of and recovery from chronic diseases, including, but not limited to, cancer. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share and/or license this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our App and our services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include companies and individuals providing information technology support, maintaining databases, and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law including HIPAA. Our contracts with all such third parties require them to protect the confidentiality of the Information we provide to them.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Savor Health, our users, or others.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable state and federal laws and regulations to guard non-public personal financial information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet.
Savor Health shall comply with all applicable laws relating to data privacy, data security, international communications, communications decency, and the importation and exportation of materials and data, including, without limitation, HIPAA.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The App, the Site, and our servers are operated in the United States. Please be aware that your Information may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your country of origin. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the App, you do so at your own risk.
How to Contact Us