Did you know that foods rich in lycopene help to increase your skin’s natural protection against the sun’s damaging rays? Watermelon, tomatoes, guavas, papaya, and red peppers are all great choices. Try this lycopene rich salad at home:
Tomato Salad with Parsley Mint Pesto
For the Salad
- 1 pint of red grape tomatoes, washed (organic if possible)
- 2 yellow peppers, washed (organic if possible)
- 2 cups of carrots (organic if possible)
For the Pesto
- 1 bunch of parsley or about 1 cup, washed
- 1 bunch of mint or about 1 cup, washed
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Slice 1 pint of red grape tomatoes in half.
- Dice yellow peppers and chop carrots.
- Toss in a large bowl.
- Combine ingredients for pesto into a food processor or high speed blender. Serve over tomato salad for a colorful and delicious cancer fighting meal.
- **Add cannellini beans into the salad for protein to make it a complete meal!
Savor Health http://savorhealth.com/