Did you know that foods rich in lycopene help to increase your natural SPF? Watermelon, tomatoes, guavas, papaya, and red peppers are all great choices.
Try this lycopene-rich recipe:
Tomato Salad with Parsley Mint Pesto
- 1 pint of red grape tomatoes, washed (organic if possible)
- 2 yellow peppers, washed (organic if possible)
- 2 cups of carrots (organic if possible)
- 1 bunch of parsley or about 1 cup, washed
- 1 bunch of mint or about 1 cup, washed
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Slice 1 pint of red grape tomatoes in half.
- Dice yellow peppers and chop carrots.
- Toss in a large bowl.
- Combine ingredients for pesto into a food processor or high speed blender. Serve over tomato salad for a colorful and delicious cancer fighting meal.
- **Add cannellini beans into the salad for protein to make it a complete meal!