For a vibrant warm-weather treat that will boost your antioxidant load and satisfy your sweet tooth, try this ‘ice cream’ made with just 3 ingredients – kiwi, banana, and matcha tea powder.
Chop the fruit, freeze, blend, and re-freeze until scoop-able.
Matcha Kiwi Banana ‘Ice Cream’
- 1 cup peeled and chopped kiwi (from about 3 kiwis)
- 1 cup peeled and thinly sliced banana (from about 2 medium bananas)
- 1 teaspoon matcha tea powder
- Freeze the kiwi and banana for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Place frozen kiwi and banana pieces in a blender or food processor and pulse. It will take about 5 minutes before the mixture becomes smooth with a consistency like soft serve ice cream or a very thick smoothie.
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until more solid and scoop-able. You can also eat it right out of the blender/food processor but it will be very soft.
Nutrition Analysis (per serving): Total Calories: 120; Total Fat 1 g; Saturated Fat 0 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 3 mg; Carbohydrate 30 g; Dietary Fiber 5 g; Protein: 2 g