November is a month that brings awareness to Family Caregivers, Lung Cancer, and Pancreatic Cancer. This month there are many awareness efforts, events and ways to get involved in the fight to prevent these two cancers, as well as recognize family members and those that devote their time to caring for others.
Lung Cancer Awareness Month
November is an important month for spreading awareness of the impact of lung cancer as well as increasing the knowledge of the public regarding the progress of lung cancer research, diagnosis and treatment. Annually, nearly 27 percent of cancer deaths can be attributed to lung cancer, exemplifying the profound impact that awareness surrounding this disease can make. Lung cancer awareness month aims to encourage social media engagement and advocacy efforts to increase knowledge and improve the lives of those impacted by lung cancer. How can you make a difference?
- To learn about early detection of lung cancer, treatment or to listen to advice and support from others: Join the American Lung Cancer Foundation’s Lung Cancer Living Room on YouTube
- Make a donation to support research, public awareness and patient support and services: https://www.
- Share a picture and tag #BeatLungCancer to raise awareness and spread the word!
- Host an Awareness Forum to bring together those affected by lung cancer, their caregivers and healthcare providers to join in this fight together
National Family Caregiver Month
National Family Caregiver Month is a time to appreciate and honor the efforts, acknowledge the challenges of and celebrate those caring for their loved ones. There are more than 44 million caregivers across the nation that assist their family and friends that are in need of support. These caregivers work around the clock to support the ones they love and November is a month to celebrate these individuals. How can you assist those providing care and how can you support yourself as a caregiver?
- Visit https://caregiveraction.org/
national-family-caregivers-to join the “Super Charge Your Caregiving” and read caregiving tips and gain access to their caregiving tool box month
- Host a get together to support and celebrate caregivers in your local community
- Send an e-card or letter to a caregiver you know to show your support
- Join a network of caregivers and engage with a care community to support others with similar challenges: https://caregiveraction.org/
Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month
November is devoted to raising the awareness of early detection, take action against and increase the knowledge of symptoms and risk factors for Pancreatic Cancer. Over 145 Americans are diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer each day. In the United States, Pancreatic Cancer is the third leading cause of cancer related deaths, with more deaths per year than breast cancer. How can you raise awareness?
- Eat a Healthy Harvest Signature Salad at Just Salad! From November 1st to 30th Just Salad will be donating 10% of their sales of this signature salad to PanCAN (Pancreatic Cancer Action Network)
- Join a PurpleStride walk or run to fundraise for and raise awareness of Pancreatic Cancer
- Write to your congress representative to have them raise awareness by wearing purple and posting on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter on World Pancreatic Cancer Day (November 15th)